Modern Inspiration and Timeless Design
The FS heritage extends back to the 1966 release of the FG180, the first production acoustic guitar by Yamaha. In the more than half-century since, we have balanced traditional guitar craft with a spirit of constant refinement, pursuing our vision of the ideal folk guitar.
Inspired by the iconic Yamaha "red label" guitars of the 1960s, FS Red Label guitars feature a semi-gloss finish and high-quality components to deliver a beautiful vintage aesthetic.
Powerful Vintage Tone
Custom-treated Sitka spruce top paired with mahogany back and sides deliver genuine aged-wood tone and sustain. A new scalloped bracing pattern offers a louder, more balanced tone.
New Atmosfeel™ Pickup and Preamp System
The new Yamaha Atmosfeel™ three-way pickup system provides a remarkably natural plugged-in sound.
- 1960s aesthetics and modern craft, refined over 50+ years of Yamaha guitar development
- Atmosfeel™ pickup and preamp system provides uniquely natural plugged-in sound
- The original Yamaha FS concert shape is a good fit for players who prefer a smaller body, and has a slightly brighter sound to complement strumming and fingerpicking
- New scalloped FS bracing pattern provides a warm, powerful tone with rich harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) treatment imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
- All-solid construction with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Hard bag included