The Loar LM-520 Hand-Carved F-Model Acoustic Mandolin Sunburst
The hand-carved LM-520 F-model mandolin is our response to players'requests for a great-sounding, high-value mandolin with low key appointments.
The LM-520 is carefully assembled in the same hand-carved workshop that gave birth to the LM-400 and 700, and has a similar hand-carved, fully graduated spruce top. The solid maple back is also hand-carved, and the solid maple sides complete the all-solid package.
The maple neck has a comfortable rounded "V" profile finished with a rosewood fretboard. The compensated adjustable ebony bridge and high quality vintage-style Grover tuning machines insure that these mandolins have great intonation and stay in tune no matter how hard they are played.
Perfect for players who want a high-quality, great-sounding hand-carved mandolin but don‚Äôt need all of the bells and whistles, these minimally appointed instruments deliver the high-end tone, chop and projection mandolin players have come to expect from The Loar.
- TOP: SOLID HAND-CARVED, FULLY GRADUATED SPRUCE TOP
- BACK & SIDES SOLID HAND-CARVED, FULLY GRADUATED MAPLE BACK, SOLID MAPLE SIDES
- NECK: MAPLE W/ROUNDED "V" PROFILE
- FRETBOARD: BOUND ROSEWOOD
- HEADSTOCK INLAY: M.O.P. LOGO
- FINISH OPTIONS: VINTAGE SUNBURST
- TUNING MACHINES: GROVER WITH PEARLOID BUTTONS
- BRIDGE: COMPENSATED ADJUSTABLE EBONY