Martin DSS-17 Whiskey Sunset
Regular price $1,799.00
The DSS-17 Whiskey Sunset Dreadnought slope-shoulder model boasts a rich, warm sunburst finish that will delight any player with its aesthetic beauty. It is skillfully crafted from a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides with antique white binding. It features a modified low oval neck with a high-performance taper for added comfort and includes a rosewood fingerboard and bridge, scalloped bracing, and an old-style script logo on the headstock. The DSS-17 Whiskey Sunset produces beautiful, dynamic tones that will please the most discerning musician.
Due to material availability the DSS-17 Whiskey Sunset is designed with either a tortoise pattern or black pickguard. Selection may vary.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- FINISH: Satin
- CONSTRUCTION: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- BRACING PATTERN: Scalloped X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Solid Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval with High-Performance Taper
- BACK & SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Mahogany
- TOP COLOR: Whiskey Sunset Burst
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Straightline - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Black Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Rosewood
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Black Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BACK AND SIDES COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16" Sitka Spruce
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: Black Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Rosewood
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: 1955 Style 18
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Mother-of-Pearl
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- SIDE DOTS: Yellow
- TUNING MACHINES: Golden Age Relic Nickel with Cream Plastic Knobs
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: Ebony
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- CASE: Soft-Shell
- PLEKED: Yes