Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones Signature DJ-4 - Lake Placid Blue
This is the fix for your tone Jones. If you know Darryl's discography, then you know he plays with the heavyweights...Miles Davis, Sting, Madonna, The Rolling Stones...
In 1985 Darryl commissioned a custom bass from Albey Balgochian, what began as a business relationship evolved into a deep friendship and their collaboration on the Darryl Jones Signature Model Bass. Darryl and Albey came to us to produce their design because they were sure we could deliver this modern vintage style bass to bass players worldwide.
Then we added some really cool stuff like a pickguard, blocks on the fingerboard and a beautifully bound neck.
The Darryl Jones Signature bass looks similar to our 44-60 and 55-60 models, but has more curve to its contouring and dramatic cutaways that add to its vintage styling. Darryl's bass is fitted with a pair of passive single coil pickups specially designed by Lakland. Three knobs control the tone: Bridge Volume, Neck Volume and Tone.
- 1st fret neck depth: .77"
- 12th fret neck depth: .92"
- Neck wood: Flat-Sawn maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with Block Inlays
- Tuners: Hipshot Lisc. Ultralites
- Truss rod access: Neck heel: 4mm hex
- Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone (Passive)
- Bridge: Lakland Dual-Design bridge
- Pickups: Lakland Vintage J Single Coils