Dr Z Cure 112 Combo - Black/Z-Wreck
"A page ripped from our award-winning Z-LUX design, the CURE is your affordable, portable solution for big, classic American-style tone." - Dr. Z
The CURE is an amp that takes Dr. Z Amps back to its roots. Built on our 30 year foundation of delivering excellent, professional-grade amplifiers, it is designed using the highest grade components, totally hand-built, and available at a very reasonable price.
The CURE uses the our award-winning Z-LUX as it's starting point; you could consider it the "Z-Lux Jr." It simplifies the Z-LUX formula, forgoing reverb and tremolo, yet retains the rich, tube-rectified, 6V6 "American" voiced tone the Z-LUX is renowned for. At the heart and soul of the CURE is a vintage-voiced output transformer hand-wound by Triad Magnetics, the company responsible for the transformers in the classic "tweed" amps of the 1950s. The CURE also features an effects loop, a full EQ with master volume, as well as a global output level control. It is housed in our compact, light-weight, yet resonant 1x12 "Studio"cab with our specially designed Eminence Z12 speaker(as featured in the Z-LUX combo) for maximum portability. Set your volume and master for desired clean or distortion then set the overall loudness with the Level control. I have also included our Variable Boost footswitch for additional gain to take your lead playing over the top.
A great "grab-n-go" package that will please even the most discerning tone aficionado, the CURE is as easy on the wallet as it is on your ears.
- Output Tubes: 2 - 6V6 (cathode biased)
- Preamp Tubes: 2 - 12AX7, 1 - 12AT7
- Controls: Volume, Master, Treble, Middle, Bass, Level
- Configurations: 1x12 Studio Combo (w/ special design Eminence Z12 speaker)
- Other: Foot-switchable Variable EQ Bypass Boost (Footswitch included)
- Colors: Black with Z-Wreck Grill Cloth
- Dimensions and Weight: 1x12 Studio Combo: 191/4" W, 19 1/2" H, 10 1/2" D; 33 lbs.