The Loar LM-110-BRB "Honey Creek" A-Style Mandolin
Authentic mandolin "chop" is recognizable from the first strum, and can only be found in an instrument with a true, hand-carved spruce top. The Loar hand-carved the tops of the LM-110 to provide that real 1920's sound, but with enough vibration to still cut through in today's ensemble playing.
The thin "V" profile of the maple neck fits comfortably in the player's hand and our removal of the fretboard extension beyond the 20th fret allows for easy strumming without getting hung up on the extended upper frets.
The original and authentic A-model body shape is quite simply a longstanding favorite.
- Top wood: Hand Carved Solid Spruce
- Bracing pattern: X Bracing
- Body finish: Satin Brownburst
- Neck finish: Satin Brownburst
- Tuning machines: Nickel with Pearl Buttons
- Bridge: Ebony, Adjustable
- Saddle & nut: Bone nut, Ebony saddle