Anasounds Lazy Comp Analog Compressor
A Subtle Blend of Compression and Dynamics
Another compressor? Tired of spending hours to set thresholds, ratio, attacks, release - Anasounds' team wondered if it was possible to find compression, dynamics and harmonics in one pedal, thus the Lazy Comp was born.
The Lazy Comp is an optical compressor, fully adjusted in house. On the front, there is a single setting: the mix (dry/wet), it mixes clean and compressed sound. The lazy side of the pedal refers to the fact that this is a plug & play compressor, just turn the mix potentiometer to find happiness. Despite its apparent simplicity, this analog compressor of incomparable quality hides a specific circuit providing a natural compression and saving the dynamics necessary for a warm and strong sound.
The sound entering the Lazy Comp is copied into 2 paths : "clean" and "comp"
- the output is controlled by the blend knob
- the "comp" channel also has an analog preamp ideal for a warm clean tone
The optical compression achieved in the wise combination of 2 circuits.
- BLEND: 0% : you only have the sound of your guitar as with a bypass; 100% : the sound is compressed as on a conventional compressor
- COMP: 0% : very light compression ///// 100% : The opa may start to saturate because of the amount of compression demanded!
- VOLUME: 0% : the compressor can no longer output sound ///// 100% : The more you blend the more output volume you get!
- LIGHT: 0% : no light......100% : powerful light