Yamaha Red Label FGX3
Modern Inspiration and Timeless Design
The FG heritage extends back to the 1966 release of the FG180, the first production acoustic guitar by Yamaha. In the more than half-century since, we have balanced traditional guitar craft with a spirit of constant refinement, pursuing our vision of the ideal folk guitar.
Inspired by the iconic Yamaha "red label" guitars of the 1960s, FG Red Label guitars feature a semi-gloss finish and high-quality components to deliver a beautiful vintage aesthetic.
Powerful Vintage Tone
Custom-treated Sitka spruce top paired with mahogany back and sides deliver genuine aged-wood tone and sustain. A new scalloped bracing pattern offers a louder, more balanced tone.
New Atmosfeel Pickup and Preamp System
The new Yamaha Atmosfeel three-way pickup system provides a remarkably natural plugged-in sound.
- 1960s aesthetics and modern craft, refined over 50+ years of Yamaha guitar development
- Atmosfeel pickup and preamp system provides uniquely natural plugged-in sound
- The original Yamaha FG body delivers a full, punchy low end, well suited to strumming and flatpicking
- New scalloped FG bracing pattern provides a warm, powerful tone with deep lows and rich harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) treatment imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
- All-solid construction with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge