PRS Sonzera 20 Combo
Clarity & Definition in a Low-Wattage Combo
Sonzera [Portuguese]: from som (sound), meaning a cool and/or stunning sound (in the sense of music) – a kind of slang.
The Sonzera 20 is a moderately powered 20-watt combo amplifier with two independently controlled, footswitchable channels designed for maximum versatility. The clean channel delivers full, 3D tones reminiscent of American mid-1960’s amplifiers. The gain channel is related to the clean channel circuit-wise, so that it can be set up to act as a boosted clean channel or manipulated to make the channels sound like two completely different amps (the gain channel can be set from slight to very heavy distortion by simply using the drive and level controls). The bright switch on the gain channel has been carefully tailored to deliver familiar high-end snap and is particularly effective on the low strings, neck pickup settings, and with singlecoils, while the low-end response of the gain channel is full, tight, and clear.
Both channels on the Sonzera are designed to maximize note clarity and definition. The global presence control and the tone stacks allow players to dial in a variety of tones from bell-like chime to warmer, thicker tones. The Sonzera 20 Combo also features global spring reverb control that is designed to enhance notes without clouding them. The reverb can be turned on and off via the footswitch. The addition of a built-in effects loop allows players to use all their time-based effects with ease without negatively impacting the overall tone of the amp.
With robust construction, a wide range of tones, and steadfast controllability, the Sonzera 20 Combo is a solid gig- and studio- worthy amplifier.
FRONT PANEL CONTROLS
- Global Controls
- Channel Select Switch, Reverb, Presence
BACK PANEL FEATURES
- Inlet Fused Power Inlet (IEC)
- Effects Loop Loop Return, Loop Send
- Bias Adjustable with Monitoring Jacks
- Extension Speaker Jacks 5
- Ohm Switching (2) 4 ohm & (2) 8 ohm parallel, (1) 16 ohm
- Channels Gain & Clean
- Cabinet Material/Contruction Plywood
- Covering Textured Black Vinyl
- Grill Cloth Salt and Pepper
- Piping Silver
- Power Tubes (2) 5881 or6L6WGC-STR Short Bottle
- Preamp Tubes (4) 12AX7 / ECC83
- PREAMP TUBE POSITIONS & FUNCTIONS
- V1 Common Input Gain Stage
- V2 Gain Channel
- V3 Reverb
- V4 Phase Inverter
- Amp Width 19.5"
- Amp Depth 10.5"
- Amp Height 18"
- Amp Weight 42 lbs.
- Included Accessories 2-Button Footswitch (Channel Gain/Clean, Reverb On/Off)