PRS Sonzera 20 Combo
The Sonzera 20 is a 20-watt combo amplifier with two independently controlled, footswitchable channels designed for maximum versatility and in the spirit of vintage amps that allowed you to control your tone instead of the amp being in control.
The clean channel delivers full, 3D tones reminiscent of American 1960's and 70's amplifiers. The lead channel is related to the clean channel circuit-wise, so that it can be set up to act as a boosted clean channel or manipulated to make the channels sound like two completely different amps (the lead channel can be set from slight to very heavy distortion by simply using the volume and master controls). The bright switch on the lead channel has been carefully tailored to deliver familiar high-end snap and is particularly effective on the low strings, neck pickup settings, and with singlecoils, while the low-end response of the lead channel is full, tight, and clear.
Both channels on the Sonzera are designed to maximize note clarity and definition. The global presence control and the tone stack allow players to dial in a variety of tones from bell-like chime to warmer, thicker tones. The Sonzera 20 Combo also features global reverb control that is designed to enhance notes without clouding them. The reverb can be turned on and off via the footswitch. The addition of a built-in effects loop allows players to use all their time-based effects with ease without negatively impacting the overall tone of the amp.
In addition to its versatile tone, the Sonzera 20 Combo is also designed for reliability and serviceability. The power tube sockets are mounted directly to the steel chassis, and no push-on connections are used ‚Äì all wires are soldered.
With robust construction, a wide range of tones, and steadfast controllability, the Sonzera 20 Combo is a solid gig- and studio- worthy amplifer.
- Wattage (Nominal) 20 Watts
FRONT PANEL CONTROLS
- Gain Channel Treble, Middle, Bass, Level, Drive, Bright Switch
- Clean Channel Treble, Bass
BACK PANEL FEATURES
- Inlet Fused Power Inlet (IEC)
- Effects Loop Loop Return, Loop Send
- Bias Fixed Bias, Adjustable (bias jacks accessible from back panel)
- Extension Speaker Jacks 5, Parallel
- Ohm Switching 4 (x2), 8 (x2), 16 Ohms
- Cabinet Material / Construction Poplar Plywood
- Grill Cloth Black and Cream
- Speaker(s) 1x12 Celestion V-Type Speaker
- Preamp Tubes (1) JJ ECC83S, (3) 12AX7AC5
PREAMP TUBE POSITIONS & FUNCTIONS
- V1 12AX7, Common Input Gain Stage
- V2 12AX7AC5, Gain Channel
- V4 12AX7AC5, Phase Inverter
- Included Accessories 2-Button Footswitch (Channel Gain/Clean, Reverb On/Off)