Guild’s most affordable 12-string electric guitar!
Guild’s 12-string legacy expands into the Starfire I series with the Starfire I-12. This gig-ready semi-hollow body 12-string offers a wide range of iconic Guild tones in a comfortable and affordable fashion.
Arched mahogany body with mahogany center block construction
The Starfire I-12 features a semi-hollow construction utilizing a mahogany center block for increased sustain and chime from the octave strings and reduced feedback. Retaining the airy, crisp tone you would expect from a semi-hollow body.
Made with a sturdy arched mahogany top, back, and sides, the Starfire I-12 electric guitar maintains classic Guild tone and response without sacrificing live playability.
24 3/4” scale mahogany neck with comfortable 1 11/16″ nut width
Ease and playability are key to the Starfire I-12. The 24 3/4” scale length and modern thin “U“ neck profile provide a fast, smooth playing neck, while the 18th fret neck-to-body joint provides easy access to the upper register of the fretboard. Tune-o-Matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece ensure solid intonation and great sustain.
Guild HB-2 humbuckers with push/pull coil split
Equipped with Guild HB-2 humbuckers, the Starfire I-12 offers a wide array of vintage and modern 12-string electric tones. Inspired by Guild’s sought-after HB-1 pickups, HB-2 humbuckers are constructed using Alnico II magnets for rich, full tone, a perfect complement to the wide range of frequencies produced by a 12-string guitar. Complete with a fully bound body, bound 12.5” radius rosewood fretboard, classic Guild knobs, three-step black pickguard, nickel Guild headstock logo, and full gloss Cherry Red finish
- Body Type: Semi-hollow Body
- Body Shape: Starfire I Double Cutaway
- Body Top: Arched Mahogany
- Soundhole / F Holes Binding: Unbound F Holes
- Top/Back Purfling Inlay: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Top/Back Binding: Ivory ABS
- Body Sides: Mahogany
- Body Back: Arched Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivory
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Neck Shape: Modern Thin "U"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" (43mm)
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret: 20.5mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret: 22.5 mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.5"
- Fingerboard Inlays: 5mm Dots - Pearloid
- Frets Total: 22
- Fret Type: Narrow Tall
- Fingerboard Binding: 1.5 mm Ivory ABS
- Color: Cherry Red
- Hardware Finish / Plating: Nickel Plated
- Bridge: Guild Tune-O-Matic - Nickel
- Tailpiece: Stopbar Tailpiece - Nickel
- Nut Material: Composite
- Tuning Machines: Guild Closed-Gear in Nickel
- Strap Buttons: Vintage Pawn
- Pickguard: Black with Guild Logo
- Bridge Pickup: Guild HB-2 Humbucker Nickel - Bridge
- Neck Pickup: Guild HB-2 Humbucker Nickel - Neck
- Controls: Neck Volume & Tone, Bridge Volume & Tone, 3-way Toggle Pickup Switch, and Push/Pull Coil Split
- Strings: D'Addario EXL150 Nickel Wound 12 string Super Light (.010 - 046.)
- Case Sold Separately