A 000-18 on Steroids!
Based on a 000-18 but with an Adirondack Spruce top and Sinker Mahogany back and sides, this guitar has tremendous definition and volume that really accentuates fingerstyle guitar. The balance of each individual string is gorgeous, and the Addy top really punctuates the initial attack of every note played.
Sinker wood is harvested from the bottoms of bodies of water, including lakes, rivers, and streams. A remnant of the golden age of logging, this old-growth wood has been submerged for up to 300 years, all the while soaking in minerals and oxidants that truly bring out amazing tonal properties for instrument construction.
- Serial Number: 2078430
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Bracing: Scalloped X Braces
- Brace Material: 5/16" Adirondack Spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid Sinker Mahogany
- Endpiece: Faux Tortoise
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Top Inlay Material: Style 18 Black Maple wood inlays
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval with Performing Artist taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Faux Tortoise
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, Stained and Oiled
- Scale Length: 24.84"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Finish Neck: Satin Lacquer with Dark Mahogany Stain
- Bridge Material: Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930 Style Belly with Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 3/16''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Nickel with Butterbean knobs
- Recommended Strings: SP LIFESPAN 92/8 PHOSPHOR BRONZE LIGHT (MSP7100)
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe Ply Hardshell