Guild Jetstar - Seafoam Green
The Guild Jetstar embodies the ultimate retro vibe with a unique body shape that's been off the grid since the 1960s. In terms of style, this reissue remains faithful to the first iteration of the S-50 Jetstar with a solid mahogany body and set neck. Further period-correct details include six inline tuning machines and Guild's rare pearloid pyramid logo on a scroll-shaped headstock.
The Jetstar features a shallow C shape mahogany neck and pao ferro fingerboard with simple pearloid fret markers. Instead of its original shortened neck, the newly modified Jetstar has a 25 1/2" scale length for faster feel and improved response. Dual Guild LB-1 Little Bucker pickups bring a usable array of tones from sparkly clean single coil-esque spank to thick and warm humbucker sounds that fatten and sing when driven. The Jetstar is available in Seafoam Green with a cream pickguard, or Vintage White or Black with a tortoiseshell pickguard. It includes Guild's deluxe padded gig bag.
Guild LB-1 "Little Bucker" was first offered in 1962 as an upgrade from single coil pickups. Tonally, it has a little more jangle than a traditional PAF humbucker. The resistance and inductance of these pickups sit comfortably between a typical single coil and typical humbucker -- contributing to the airy nature of the LB-1 without compromising its warmth. The LB-1 has a unique footprint, placing it in-between a mini-bucker and a full size humbucker.
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane in Sea Foam Green
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlays: 5mm Mother-Of-Pearl Dots
- Tuning Machines: Guild Vintage Style Nickel
- Hardware Finish/Plating: Nickel Plated
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen Key
- Bridge: Guild Tune-O-Matic
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 Nickel Wound, Regular Gauge, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Bridge Pickup: Guild LB-1
- Pickup Switches: 3-Position Toggle
- Control Knobs: Guild G Shield Black / Silver
- Controls: Master Volume and Tone, Toggle Switch
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style