Sustainable, solid-topped Breedlove ECO Collection Lu’au S Series myrtlewood ukuleles feature a resonant core tonewood layer of clear-cut free, individually harvested African mahogany in place of typical tonerobbing softwoods for back and sides. Sharing a Pacific Ocean coastline with Hawaiian koa, native Oregon myrtle has a similar bright ping, but borrows some of mahogany’s depth and warmth for a unique, powerful ukulele presence. Tenor ukes, the favorite of hailed modern aces like Jake Shimabukuro, have a throaty sonority that appeals to guitar players and a longer 17” scale that facilitates translating hot licks from six strings to four. The natural finish on this full-shouldered tenor Lu’au, equipped with geared tuners and Aquila Super Nylgut strings, will appeal to traditionalists, too.
- Body Type: Tenor Uke
- Neck Wood: African Mahogany
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Myrtlewood
- Layered Back & Sides: African Mahogany, Myrtlewood
- Top Finish: Natural gloss
- Back & Side Finish: Natural gloss
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- # Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.42"
- Tuners Hardware: Nickel Open Gear
- String Gauge: Aquila Super Nylgut
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Binding: Black
- Inlay: Centered dots
- Scale Length: 17"
- Sound Hole: 2.68
- Crafted In: Designed in Bend, OR USA. Crafted in China.
- Case sold separately