To relax from his day gig as a master guitar builder, Kim Breedlove used to escape home and burn the midnight oil while dreaming of Hawaii and creating high-end ukuleles from native, bright, yet deep-sounding Oregon myrtlewood, which offers an even richer sound than traditional koa or mahogany. Those groundbreaking designs, developed in his garage workshop and boasting essential sonic improvements alongside remarkably fluid playability, serve as the basis for a new acoustic and acoustic/electric line of classy, powerful—and colorful—Breedlove Lu’au Ukuleles.
- Body Type: Tenor Uke
- Neck Wood: Mahogany (Nato)
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Myrtlewood
- Top Finish: Natural gloss
- Back & Side Finish: Aged Toner Gloss
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- # Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 36mm
- Tuners Hardware: Nickel Open Gear
- String Gauge: Aquila Super Nylgut
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Binding: Tortoise
- Inlay: Centered dots
- Sound Hole: 2.185"