In celebration of our milestone 50th anniversary, BOSS has unveiled a trio of collectible, limited-edition versions of our most popular and influential compact pedals. The DS-1 Distortion (DS-1-B50A), SD-1 Super Overdrive (SD-1-B50A), and BD-2 Blues Driver (BD-2-B50A) offer a host of unique commemorative features and have been produced in strictly limited numbers, with just 7,000 units available worldwide.
The DS-1 Distortion is a true icon in the world of guitar effects. Introduced in 1978, BOSS‚'s first distortion pedal defined a bold new sound, delivering hard-edged attack and smooth sustain that's been a staple of players for generations. The DS-1 is the top-selling BOSS compact pedal ever, and its original, unchanged design continues to inspire the creation of great music everywhere. The classic DS-1 tone is behind the signature sounds of numerous rock legends, and is ready to fuel your own signature sound today.
- Legendary distortion used by guitarists everywhere since 1978
- Classic tones for all types of music
- Hard-edged attack remains clear even at maximum distortion settings, ideal for heavy rhythms and cutting solos
- Works great as a booster at low distortion settings
- Unique tone control offers a wide range of sound shaping
- Doesn't mask the unique sound characteristics of different guitars, pickups, and styles
- Turning down the guitar's volume cleans up the tone without introducing muddiness
- BOSS five-year warranty