Breedlove Lu'au Concert Ukulele Natural Shadow E - Sitka Spruce/Myrtlewood
Kim Breedlove was always at his best when he was designing and handcrafting stringed instruments. From walking and exploring the koa forests of Hawaii - to his home workshop in Bend, Oregon where he experimented with nuances in ukulele body design - the ukulele was one of Kim's true passions.
We have combined Kim's original concert body shape with his adoration for Myrtlewood - a tonewood he discovered decades ago growing on the Oregon Pacific Coast - which results in vibrantly stunning tonal energy which delivers more sound than traditional koa ukuleles.
For 2019, Breedlove is excited to introduce four Lu,au Concert Ukuleles - each designed in Bend, Oregon, crafted in China from Oregon myrtlewood, design based on Kim's custom shape and bracing.
- Body Type: Concert Ukulele
- Neck Wood: Mahogany (Nato)
- Solid Wood Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Top Finish: Natural Shadow Gloss
- Back & Side Finish: Aged Toner Gloss
- Tuners Hardware: Nickel Open Gear
- String Gauge: Aquila Super Nylgut